This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Monday, June 13, 2005
I watched a co-worker's car burn today
As I arrived to work at around 8:30 this morning, I noticed a strange fog enveloping our office building. From a distance, it almost looked like rain. As I got closer, I realized that one of the cars in the parking lot was starting to smoke.

As I got out of my car and approached the building, I realized that it was the car of one of my co-workers, Beth. So I alert our office manager and Beth that there is a smoking vehicle in the parking lot (seems no one notices that kind of thing anymore).

The next thing you know, the front end of the car is engulfed in flames and the fire department is busting out the windows and using the jaws of life to open the hood (that had melted shut). After about 10 minutes, the fire is extinguished and the car is toast.

Being a sensitive bunch, we all decided to take Beth out to lunch to cheer her up; however, we all kept making fire jokes ("We should go to the Sizzler" or "How 'bout some Krispy Kreme for dessert," etc.), so I'm not sure how much it helped. I figure that late in the day someone is going to make a seemingly innocent joke and Beth will strangle them... I can't wait to see who that is!

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.