This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Wednesday, February 8, 2006
Using Harmony 880 with XBOX 360
Adding MCE command for XBOX 360 with Harmony 880 remote
I have had a couple of people ask questions recently about how to get the Harmony 880 remote to start the XBOX 360 then fire up Windows Media Center Edition 2005.

I hadn't programmed my Harmony to do that; however, tonight, I thought I would poke around and see what I could figure out.

1. I added a new General Activity by selecting "Utility" from the list of possible Activities
2. I added my TV, receiver and XBOX 360
3. I stepped through the wizard and designated the inputs for each device
4. When asked if the activity was setup, I selected the prompt that says "Yes, but I want to add more control of options and devices for this Activity."
5. I added two actions for the 360 when it started up -- one that delays 10 seconds, another that sends the "Media Center" command
6. I saved the Activity
7. I updated the remote

Now, the remote turns on the TV, the receiver and the XBOX 360. Then it pauses for 10 seconds before sending the Media Center command.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.