This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Leaving Sirius
OK, I'm sure that you are wondering if I recently had a head injury or something. For months, I have blogged about how much I love Sirius and how it was the greatest thing since the last thing I declared the greatest thing.

Well, ever since my Sirius radio died, I have realized that I don't really miss it. I have used my iPod instead.

I've also realized that I have too many subscription services: Gamefly, Netflix and Sirius. So I'm going to cancel Sirius (and Gamefly... and maybe Netflix) at the end of this billing cycle.

So how will I get my fix of 80s hair metal? I'll use my Slingbox. Since DirecTV has a partnership with XM, I can use my Slingbox to stream the XM music channels to my PC at work. Although they haven't said anything, I'm sure my co-workers miss the sound of Britny Fox, Faster Pussycat and L.A. Guns during the day.

Once I get my Sirius radio back, I am going to sell the whole package (radio, home antenna, car kit and boombox) on eBay. I will apply the proceeds toward my next cracktacular gadget -- the Nintendo DS Lite!

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.