This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Sunday, April 30, 2006
YouTube = eBay seller's insurance?
OK, after my recent eBay woes, I decided to provide better info about my items, especially electronics, before the sale. The solution? Use YouTube videos of the products working and slap them into the listing. I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.

For the Koolvac robotic vacuum (which sold for $11 more than the Buy It Now price!) and the Belkin TuneCast II FM transmitter, I shot quick videos with my digital camera and uploaded them to YouTube. YouTube even provides instructions on how to get your videos onto eBay.

I figure now it will be very difficult for a buyer to send the "it doesn't work" e-mail.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.