This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
DS Lite is awesome!
I picked up my Nintendo DS Lite on Sunday morning, so I haven't been able to find time to blog about it (or anything else). So before jumping back into a multiple player game of Mario Bros., let me just say that the Lite is a great device. I had the same reaction to first playing with it that I got first fiddling with my 5G iPod. Great design and the perfect size for a portable. It actually fits into the pocket on a T-shirt (although it sticks out the top).

Yesterday, I brought my Lite to the office to play against a co-worker who had bought one, too. The multiplayer option in the New Super Mario Bros. is the most fun I've had playing a video game in a really long time -- competitive, challenging and very, very fun. Of course, one negative side effect was my uncontrollable urge to blurt out things like "Take that!" and "Come back here, you INSERT EXPLETIVE OF CHOICE HERE!"

So if you've got $129 burning a whole in your wallet and you're as disappointed as I am about the lack of really great games for the 360, then pick up a DS Lite and a copy of the New Super Mario Bros. Considering how well it will be integrated into the Wii experience (serve as a touchscreen controller; download DS demos to the Wii), it is definitely worth it.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.