This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Last word on Sirius
During my last call with Sirius, I discovered that they are (not surprisingly) outsourcing their warranty support. Coincidentally, they are outsourcing it to a company just across the river from Louisville called Service Net. Even more coincidentally, I used to do web consulting for them a few years ago.

What sucks about this whole situation was that it wouldn't have taken much to keep me as a customer. They could have upgraded me to a better radio (as I was promised on one call). They could have also given me a couple of months free. Or better yet, they could have done both.

Instead, they chose to outsource that component of their business to a company that stumbled around for two months before sending me a broken, refurbished radio.

I guess it is time to start using the XM channels provided by DirecTV.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.