This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Wednesday, June 7, 2006
My router died -- need suggestions
Last night, my D-Link DI-624 router (yes, I know, everyone told me to avoid D-Link) died after about 3 years of use. I think it is barely under warranty; however, the 3-4 week turnaround time to get a replacement really isn't an option.

So today at lunch, I am going to pick up a new wireless router. However, I haven't bought one in a while, so I need suggestions. Here are my criteria:

1. Cheap
2. Cheap
3. Supports Super G (or equivalent) with 108mbps
4. XBOX Live compatible (or at least not incompatible)
5. Good range (my 624 could get great signal from my basement to the 2nd story)
6. Cheap
7. Available locally with no rebates

There, I think that covers it. Any ideas? BTW, I don't use wireless for most of the computers in the house (only 2 machines are wireless), so I don't want to drop a lot of money on this thing (but my lady needs her e-mail, so I gotta get something quick).

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.