This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Netflix *is* at it again...
or a better title might be "The mission is truly impossible."

As I mentioned last week, I have been having an issue with Netflix skipping over DVDs that are available "Now" in my Queue. Mission Impossible on HD-DVD seems to be the one that they really don't want me to see (could there be secret information about throttling? Is that what the Rabbit's Foot device is?).

After getting a helpful comment from David Freeberg about setting up a separate HD-DVD Queue (which I did), I figured I would wait it out and see how it worked.

Being impatient (I want to make sure movies get shipped today so I will have them over the holiday weekend), I decided to add Mission Impossible:III to my non HD-DVD queue since I returned those 2 movies on Monday.

As you can see from the screenshots, MI:III was listed as available "Now" and at the top of my Queue. Note that Ice Age 2 was listed as "Short Wait."

Netflix: The mission is truly impossible! (1 of 2)

Now, notice my Queue less than an hour later. They seemed to find a copy of Ice Age 2 lying around the warehouse and decided to ship that instead of my #1 choice MI:III.

Netflix: The mission is truly impossible! (2 of 2)

I guess the silver lining in all of this is that the throttling appears to be less than before (i.e. they are shipping my movies out as soon as they receive them). They should maybe just change to the name of their "Queue" to the "Netflix Randomizer."

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.