This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Sorry, David Pogue
After getting a polite (probably more polite than it should have been) comment from David Pogue of the New York Times, I realized that the logic going on in my head had not clearly made it into Blogger on my post about the debate between Jason Calacanis and Ted Murphy.

I wasn't trying to pick on David or single him out. Calacanis often refers to the New York Times in his rants about Pay Per Post. So in my haste to make my point, I used the NYT in my example, too. Of course, by doing that, I picked someone who has been an outspoken critic of the things he likes *and* the things he doesn't like. Not my best choice.

I did not mean to imply that David's reviews are for sale. If I gave that impression, then I definitely apologize.

What I was trying to say was that readers should always beware when reading a product review on a site or in a publication that accepts advertising or sponsorships.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.