This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Miles is shaving his head for St. Baldrick's
While I was in Austin for SXSW, my son Miles, who is 7, decided that he wanted to help the St. Baldrick's Foundation and shave his head to raise money for cancer research.

Miles' great grandmother just passed away from cancer a few months ago, so this is something that means a lot to him right now. Here is what he said on his St. Baldrick's page:

"Hi. This is Miles in Louisville, KY. I am seven years old and just lost my Nana to cancer. Please help me to fight cancer in kids."

He has already surpassed his first goal of $200. In fact, he did that in less than 24 hours. He has bumped that goal up to $400.

If you'd like to help Miles achieve his goal and help a great cause in the process, please do so here.

We're still trying to coordinate a group shave with other St. Baldrick's participants. I'll be sure to post photos and video of the whole event.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.