This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
SXSWi 2008 Tuesday recap
After an early night on Monday, I was able to get up early, get packed and check out of my hotel by 9am. I checked my bags with the bellman at Jason Fall's hotel and we headed to the Convention Center.

Jason Falls and Jeremiah Owyang
Jason Falls tells Jeremiah Owyang how we do it in Louisville

We got to the BlogHaus very early and got a great seat at one of the large tables. This is where I stayed for the next 3 hours. Had a ton of great conversations. I also met some new people including Peter Corbett, who created the new IHeartCavemen.com site for GEICO and who took one of the Cavemen out partying last night, David Seah, Baratunde Thurston, Andrew Hyde of VC Wear, Mack Collier, Ryan Block of Engadget and Jackie Huba of Church of the Customer Blog.

One of the highlights for me was winning the AMD BlogHaus Guitar Hero Challenge. I actually performed yesterday; however, the contest continued until around noon today. Right before Jason and I had to take off for the airport, Scott Carroll from AMD presented me with my prize -- the world's fastest video card with a one-of-a-kind paint job.

Getting my prize from AMD
Me getting my prize from Scott Carroll at AMD. It is the ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2.

Since we were running a little late, Jason and I quickly headed back to his hotel to grab our bags. Outside, we ran into Stef Lewandowski and Peter Ashton.

Because the bellman recognized Jason and I as high rollers, he volunteered to take us to the airport in the Hilton's Suburban rather than have us take a cab. Very cool.

At the airport, we headed to Salt Lick BBQ, which we were told is the best BBQ in town. We ran into Jeremiah Owyang from Forrester and J.J. Toothman from Stanford.

As Jason and I approached our departure gate, we see Scott Monty who we spent a lot of time with at SXSW. He told him about seeing Jeremiah. He then told us about he had just had lunch with Guy Kawasaki. Well played, sir. Well played.

Jason and I got back to Louisville at around 9:30p. I need to sleep for about 3 days; however, we're heading to the opening of the Cincinnati IKEA inside. Ugh.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.