This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
I am joining the team at Nationwide
I have been a little mysterious about what exactly I will be doing (and for whom I will be doing it) in Columbus. Today, the internal e-mail announcement went out, so I will share a little more now that I'm "official."

I am joining Nationwide to help build out and execute their social media strategy. Here is an excerpt from the e-mail announcement:

"I'm pleased to announce Shawn Morton will be joining the Corporate Internet Marketing team on Monday, July 21, 2008 as a Sr. Consultant, Social Media... Shawn will be responsible for driving Nationwide's social media strategy to build Brand and engage customers and future customers on and off of nationwide.com."

As I've mentioned previously, I am really excited to be joining such a great team at a company that understands the importance of social media. I can't wait to get started.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.