This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Fantasy Football '08 has begun
It's that time of year again. The time when you watch teams that you don't even care about just to find out how many yards your backup tight end got. It's also the time when you trash talk your friends and colleagues about their lousy coaching decisions every time you talk to them.

Our league, which enters its 9th season, welcomes a couple of newcomers this year: Todd Earwood, who pays tribute to my FFL legacy with his "Earwood71" team name, and Brendan Jackson, coach of RTC. It's great to have them in the league... since they have no chance of winning more than 2 or 3 games this season... and they are in my division, so I get to play them each twice.

We also have the return of Eric Brinley, coach of the Hillbilly Hairybacks, who missed last season due to vacation. He was out of the office when the invite went out and the league filled up before he got back.

We had our automated draft this past Saturday and I am pretty happy with my team. It's not great, but it isn't as bad as last year's post-draft lineup. My starters are:

Derek Anderson (QB)
Rudi Johnson (RB)
Willis McGahee (RB)
Anquan Boldin (WR)
Kevin Curtis (WR)
Torry Holt (WR)
Heath Miller (TE)
Adam Vinatieri (K)
Bears (D)

As always, I will post weekly updates on my team's progress... unless I lose a lot.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.