This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
My Super Bowl XLIII pick
As many of you know, I am a Patriots fan, so I'm more than a little bitter about not making it to the playoffs despite an 11-5 record. It doesn't help that the Arizona Cardinals were only 9-7 and were humiliated by the Pats 47-7 in Week 16 of the season.

As a child, I was a huge Steelers fan (my dislike of the Dallas Cowboys continues to this day). Growing up in West Virginia in the 1970s, it was an easy choice to make.

However, despite the fact that I don't think the Cardinals really deserve to be there based on their record and the fact that I loved the Steelers as a kid, I am picking the Cardinals to win Super Bowl XLIII.

Why? Well, it all goes back to the controversial catch that Santonio Holmes made at the end of the Ravens game in Week 15. It was ruled a TD and the Steelers won the game. Had the Ravens won that game, the Patriots would have ended up in the playoffs. Makes total sense, right? :)

As for the score, I am guessing it will be 31-27.

Of course, if Byron Leftwich, who is a fellow Marshall alum, goes in at QB for the Steelers (in anything but a clean up role), I reserve the right to change my pick.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.