This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Gearing up for SXSWi 2009
SXSWi 2009 is just over a week away, so I've tried to plot out a tentative schedule of events using sched.org. They've included all of the official sessions as well as all of the parties and events surrounding the festival. Makes it really easy to plan your day.

I'm looking forward to seeing the gang from Louisville again. They've got a group of about 15 people coming including Todd Earwood, Jason Falls, Rob May, Nick Huhn, Brendan Jackson and Matt Winn. Also looking forward to catching up with former colleague Bill Johnston.

There are also a lot of people that I met last year that I hope to connect with again including Eric Marcoullier from Gnip, Micah Baldwin from Lijit, Peter Corbett from iStrategyLabs, Richard Mcinnis from Radian6, Dave Delaney from Griffin, Stef Lewandowski, Pete Ashton and Joanna Geary. Finally, I will be connecting with some of our agency and vendor partners from Bazaarvoice, Rosetta and TM.

As I have said a thousand times since last March, SXSWi is the best web conference I've ever attended. I met so many great people, attended so many awesome events and had lots of amazing BBQ. I expect more of the same this year.

You can read my recap posts from SXSWi 2008 here, here, here, here and here.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.