This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
May is going be a busy month
It has been a busy few weeks, so I haven't been able to blog as much as I would have liked. As I look at my calendar for May, it looks to be a month filled with social media events, concerts and a very special birthday. Should make for plenty of hot blog action over the next 4 weeks.

Last night, I attended the Columbus Tweetup at Sandbox Columbus. Sandbox is a very cool co-working space in the Short North.

Sandbox Columbus
Photo courtesy of Sandbox Columbus. See more photos.

I saw some people I knew like Lewis Howes (we met at SXSWi) and Cheryl Harrison and made some new connections with Christian Adams, Mark Allen, Jim Pidcock and Jason Rubinstein.

On May 18th, I am going to be heading back to Louisville for a couple of events with Chris Brogan. First, I will be attending his Inbound Marketing Bootcamp at Humana. It is an all-day event covering blogging, lead gen, customer service and e-mail (among other things).

Later that night, Chris will be speaking at the Social Media Club of Louisville's May meeting. I'm looking forward to catching up with the Louisville crew, especially those that didn't make it down to SXSWi in March.

On May 21st, we will be hosting a series of events at Nationwide with Tavis Smiley.

Tavis Smiley and Jesse Jackson at 2009 State of the Black Union
Jesse Jackson and Tavis Smiley at the 2009 State of the Black Union. Photo courtesy of Nationwide. See more photos from SOBU 2009.

I am scheduled to interview Tavis, who was just named one of TIME's 100 Most Influential People, for one of the web projects we're doing to support our sponsorship. In addition to my own questions, I will be soliciting questions in advance from Twitter. If you have something you would like to ask Tavis, please leave a comment below or shoot me an e-mail at smorty71 at gmail dot com.

On May 27th, I will be attending the next Central Ohio Tweetup at Huntington Park, the new home of the Columbus Clippers.

Huntington Park
Huntington Park in Downtown Columbus. Photo courtesy of marada. See more of his photos of Huntington Park.

Much like the Tweetup at Ohio Stadium back in November, this one will feature a private tour of the new facility and access to the Club Level Patio before and during the game. You can register for the Tweetup here. Tickets are going fast, though.

On May 28th, I will be going to a sold-out show by one of my absolute favorite bands, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, at The Newport. This will be my first time seeing them live. I had tickets for a show a couple of years ago in Cincinnati, but I wasn't able to make it.


My favorite YYYs song happens to be one of Amy's least favorite songs of all-time.

On May 29th, Amy and I are going to see Jane's Addiction at Lifestyles Community Pavillion. We're both big Jane's fans, so it should be a good time.

We'll be capping off the month with Maddox's 2nd birthday on May 31st. Although we don't have any official plans for that yet, I am assuming we spend several nerve-rattling hours at Chuck E. Cheese.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.