This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Where I am speaking this fall [updated 9/21/09]
Was just looking at my calendar and realized that I have quite a few (for me, anyway) speaking gigs coming up over the next couple of months. Of course, let's not forget about those SXSWi sessions that still need your thumbs up vote (was that too subtle of a hint?).

Guest lecture for MBA Internet Marketing course (The Ohio State University, October 5th)

Social media panel at State Insurance Trade Association conference (Cincinnati, October 7th)

Social media in business panel (Columbus, TBD)
I will be moderating a panel for Nationwide associates that will bring in local businesses, both large and small, to share how they're using social media and what best practices are emerging for them as their social media strategies evolve.

American Advertising Federation session on social media monitoring (Cleveland, October 20)
I will be co-presenting with David Alston, Radian6's VP of Marketing, at a luncheon for the Cleveland chapter of the American Advertising Federation.

This event will be the second in a series of social media events AAF-Cleveland is doing. The first, on Facebook, will be hosted by Facebook's Sean Sullivan who we've worked with at Nationwide (and who worked at CNET at the same time I did). Highly recommend his "The Branding of Facebook" session on September 16th.

Ohio Diversity and Leadership Conference (Columbus, November 5-6)

Credibility Conversation series (Cleveland, November 11)
Ed Skimin of Emerge Inc. is putting together the Credibility Conversation series and asked me to be involved. Not exactly sure of my topic yet, but it will surely be better than Lewis Howes who is presently there on October 14th (Kidding! You should check out Lewis' session, too).

As I subtly mentioned earlier, I am also on three proposed panels for SXSWi 2010. Would love a thumbs up vote on those to help us get those panels approved. You can learn more about my SXSWi 2010 panels here.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.