UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Tuesday, August 10, 2004
Service Pack 2 -- so far, so good
I finally got around to installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 tonight. I had been putting it off since I have 5 XP boxes to upgrade. Fortunately, MS has an option that only requires you to download the 266 MB file once.
After placing the .exe file in a network share, it was a pretty uneventful process to upgrade all of my machines. Each update took about 20 minutes to install.
Other than the Security Center that popped up after I restarted, I haven't really noticed any difference in SP2. I guess that's a good thing.
I finally got around to installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 tonight. I had been putting it off since I have 5 XP boxes to upgrade. Fortunately, MS has an option that only requires you to download the 266 MB file once.
After placing the .exe file in a network share, it was a pretty uneventful process to upgrade all of my machines. Each update took about 20 minutes to install.
Other than the Security Center that popped up after I restarted, I haven't really noticed any difference in SP2. I guess that's a good thing.
About Shawn Morton
Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.




