This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, June 9, 2005
No more Priceline.com for me
We are planning on going to Chicago over the Fourth of July weekend (Urge Overkill show, IKEA, Taste of Chicago, etc), so I went to Priceline tonight to book our room. We've used them several times and have always been satisfied. In fact, the last time I went to Chicago, Priceline got me a terrific price on a great room in the heart of downtown.

Tonight, however, it didn't work out well at all. I requested a 2 1/2 star hotel Downtown and Priceline found a match. In fact, they upgraded me to a 3 star hotel. Unfortunately, the 3-star hotel they upgraded us to only has a single queen bed or 2 twin beds. They offer no double-double rooms at all. None!

Of course, Priceline tells you that they can't guarantee bed choices; however, I feel like that their 3 star upgrade (which I didn't request) is what messed it all up. After all, how many hotels don't offer double-doubles? Now, we've paid for the room and have no other option than to tough it out.

I called both Priceline and the hotel and both told me I am out of luck. The Priceline customer service rep agreed that, in this case, their free upgrade didn't work out very well for us.

On the bright side, we don't plan on spending much time in our room, so maybe it won't be so bad. After all, I get to see Urge Overkill (for the 3rd time in a year) and go to IKEA.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.