UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Sunday, June 6, 2004
Rock Hard Ten
OK, I'll admit that I don't watch much horse racing, so I may be a little late on this one. Anyway, I about fell out of my chair while watching the Belmont Stakes when I heard Tom Hammond say, "And here's Rock Hard Ten." Maybe I'm just a perv, but that seemed like an "anatomical reference".
I did a little Googling and found this on a racing web site:
"Much speculation about the meaning of his name. Rich widow co-owner denies its a line from a swingers ad but no one believes her."
This ranks right up there with watching the Reebok Terry Tate Super Bowl ads from a couple of years ago and seeing the name "Felcher & Sons."
"Skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet!"
OK, I'll admit that I don't watch much horse racing, so I may be a little late on this one. Anyway, I about fell out of my chair while watching the Belmont Stakes when I heard Tom Hammond say, "And here's Rock Hard Ten." Maybe I'm just a perv, but that seemed like an "anatomical reference".
I did a little Googling and found this on a racing web site:
"Much speculation about the meaning of his name. Rich widow co-owner denies its a line from a swingers ad but no one believes her."
This ranks right up there with watching the Reebok Terry Tate Super Bowl ads from a couple of years ago and seeing the name "Felcher & Sons."
"Skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet!"
About Shawn Morton
Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.




