This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
FFL 08: Battling for a playoff spot
This fantasy football season has flown by. The first half of the season had me under .500 (which is why you won't find any blog posts about the first half of the season); however, I have won my last 4 games and am in good shape to either win my division or get the lone wild card spot.

As with previous seasons, I have ended up in the only competitive division in the league. If you check out the standings below, you'll see that each of the other two divisions only have one team with a winning record.

Our division has 3 of our 4 teams at 6-4 or better.

ffl_week10_standings
See larger version

For the last 3 games of the season, we return to division play. That means the whole division champ and wild card issue will work itself out. For example, our current division leaders, who are tied, will face each other in the final 3 games. So if I get a win in 2 of those 3 final games, I should be in the playoffs. Without 2 wins, I will need some help to make it.

I'll post an update... if I do well. Otherwise, I will delete all references to fantasy football 2008 and deny it every happen.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.