This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Picked up Lily Allen & Bloc Party
It has been a while since I picked up a new CD. In fact, I am hard pressed to recall what my last purchase was (after checking the "Recently Added" view in iTunes, it was TV on the Radio's "Return to Cookie Mountain").

However, after seeing her performances on Saturday Night Live this weekend, I decided to pick up Lily Allen's "Alright, Still." It is definitely much lighter/poppier than what I normally listen to; however, I think I like it. There is a touch of The Specials in there that makes it a little more interesting than most pop music.

As I scanned the aisles for Lily Allen, I stumbled across the new Bloc Party CD as well. I really loved "Silent Alarm," so I didn't hesitate to grab this one, too. I've only had a chance to listen through once while I was at the office, but it sounded good so far.

Of course, the best part of all of this is that I picked up both CDs for under $18 total at Target (Yes, I buy my CDs at Target. Mock me freely in the comments.).

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.