This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Maddox Milo?
Amy and I have been trying to settle on a name for the baby for a couple of weeks now. Of course, it has to start with an "M," so we had some limitations on the range of choices. However, even with that limitation, we were still having a tough time.

Now, we have a name we like, but I am worried about how it might be perceived. The first name that we really like is "Maddox;" however, considering that is the name of one of Angelina Jolie's kids, it looks like we copied it (even though we saw the name and liked it before we realized where we had heard it before). A quick search of the Social Security database shows that Maddox came out of left field in 2003 (I'm guessing that's when Jolie adopted) and has grown in popularity ever since. I'm not sure why it bothers me that people might think we copied it, but it does.

The middle name we like is "Milo." Our concern there is that it is too close to our son Miles' name. However, considering it will be a middle name, it probably wouldn't be a big deal.

Even with this two minor issues, I still really like the name "Maddox Milo" and I'm hoping that is what we go with.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.