This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, January 4, 2007
Scored two more Wii remotes!
Target is turning out to be a great place for Wii shoppers. Of course, I got my Wii there last week. And then, tonight after work, I was able to get two Wii remotes.

Scored 2 more Wii remotes today!

I had gone to the Gamestop around the corner from Target and was told by the GS employee not to expect Wii remotes until the end of January and that I could just pre-order the Wii Play bundle which includes a remote. Considering I rarely get credible info from GS employees (and I hate to be upsold), I decided to try Target anyway.

After seeing that Target had removed the end cap that had held the empty racks where the Wii remote and nunchuks should go, I thought I was out of luck. However, I asked the clerk if they had any and, much to my surprise, he said, "Sure. Lots of 'em."

Turns out that they had just gotten a shipment and he had a whole box of Wii remotes that hadn't even been put on the shelves. Even though I wanted just one remote and a nunchuk (they didn't have any nunchuks), I felt compelled to grab two remotes since they were so hard to find.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.