This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Friday, December 22, 2006
5 things you don't know about me
There seems to be this little "5 things you don't know about me" meme going around. Jeremy Toeman has tagged me to participate.

Of course, since I blab about myself too much in this blog, it may be tough to come up with stuff that no one knows, but here goes:

1. I absolutely hate to fly. I've tried drinking, I've tried "mood relaxers" and nothing seems to work. I have been able to avoid flying for almost 2 years now. I have no plans of breaking that streak.

2. I skipped an afternoon of high school to meet Skid Row (they were in town with Bon Jovi). Because my friends and I had ridiculously long hair, we were able to walk into the hotel without a hassle. We ended up meeting all of the guys except Sebastian Bach, who was still asleep at 2PM.

3. I have a recurring dream that I can dunk a basketball. Not just a regular dunk, of course, but ridiculous Dr. J meets Dominique Wilkins meets Vince Carter kind of dunks.

4. I snore very loudly. I've never heard it, but my wife assures me that it is super-annoying.

5. I was obsessed with KISS as a kid. When I was 8 years old, I was riding in the car with my mom (who had promised to take me to see KISS if they ever came to town) and, just as I was dozing off for a little catnap, a radio commercial came on announcing that KISS was indeed coming to town. My mom practically wrecked the car trying to turn the radio off; however, it was too late. I heard the whole thing.

Much to her dismay, my mom and I ended up seeing KISS (with Judas Priest) on September 10, 1979.

Now, I have to tag 5 others to do the same. Hmm, I guess I pick Twinkie, Paul Sisler, Rex Baldazo, Jill Brown and Rob McKittrick, who just might be the world's laziest blogger.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.