This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
No cellphones in "Superbad"
I went to see a free, pre-screening of "Superbad" last night (which was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a very long time). On the back of the pass, it said, in bold type, that cellphones were not allowed.

I thought it was an interesting requirement and figured it was meant to deter some people from recording parts of the movie with their phone's camera. I had no idea that it would actually be enforced.

As we were about to enter the theater, we were greeted by 3 theater employees (one with a metal detector wand) who told us that all cellphones needed to be returned to our vehicles and that bags would be subject to a search when we returned.

Wanting to see the movie, we took our phones to the car and went back in. However, I couldn't help but feel that is a pretty extreme tactic that most people would tire of very quickly were this to be the norm.

I guess the whole treat-all-customers-like-criminals idea that the RIAA has won over so many people with is catching on at the local multiplex. Yet another reason to never leave my manroom.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.