This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Morton Family Reunion 2007
Today, Amy, the kids and I made the 3-hour drive from Louisville to Hurricane, WV for the Morton Family Reunion. We have a reunion every summer; however, this is the first one we've been to in a few years.

No one on my Dad's side of the family had met Maddox yet. He was a big hit. I think we held him for about 10 minutes. The rest of the time he was being passed from relative to relative. He liked some people more than others based on the photo below with my brother's girlfriend. Check out his hand. He's smooth like his old man.

I taught Maddox this move

Mahlon, Miles and I slipped away for about an hour to take a tour of my cousin Dale's studio where he makes mascot costumes. He does amazing work for clients all over the country. It was really interesting to learn about the process of making one.

Some sample heads

There are more photos of the reunion here.

Check out more photos of Dale's studio here or visit his website.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.