This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Monday, September 14, 2009
FFL 09 Week 1: FTW! 124, RTC 69
Just like Tom Brady and my Patriots, my fantasy team, FTW!, returned to form with a 55-point beatdown in the season opener against Brendan Jackson's former powerhouse RTC. In fact, 124 points led all teams in league.

Tom Brady, Thomas Jones and Reggie Wayne led the way with 25, 22 and 22 respectively. Also got good performances out of Willis McGahee and the Giants defense who each scored 19.

My backups were solid, too, with 3 players accounting for 44 points including my waiver pickup Ben Watson who put up 19 points.

Will have to get on the waivers to get a WR. One of my starters, Anthony Gonzalez, was injured and put up the big goose egg. His backup, Kevin Walter, is injured as well.

Of course, I am playing Mark Donohue's team next week, so 8 starters should be enough...

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.