This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Trying FeedRinse
feed_rinse
A view of my RSS filters

I signed up for a free FeedRinse account this morning. FeedRinse allows you to filter your RSS feeds so that you can get rid of the stuff you don't want.

The free version of the service allows 5 filters. I was worried at first because I have dozens and dozens of feeds in my OPML file. I figured I would run out too quickly. However, after doing it, I only ended up using 3 filters:

1. I filtered "NBA" out of the Blog Maverick feed
2. I filtered "cellphone" out of the Engadget feed (I wonder if there is anything left!)
3. I filtered "HDTV listings" from the HD Beat feed

While it is cool to be able to do this, I wonder how useful this service will ultimately be to most people considering I only came up with 3 filters for over 50 feeds. I guess I'll give it a little more time to before I decide.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.