This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Played a Wii today
We got a Wii at the office today and I got to play with it/watch others play with it for about an hour. I have to say that it was much more fun than I expected. We only have the WiiSports disc that was included with the console; however, that was enough to attract about 10 different people who took turns playing.

I played Tennis, Baseball and Boxing. All of them were fun and very easy to figure out. We had the Wii connected to a projector in a conference room, so it really made you feel a part of the game, especially in baseball and boxing.

As others have mentioned, it does take some getting used to the sensitivity of the Wii remote. While it wasn't super difficult to target and select menu options, it was a little harder than I expected. I'm sure that will get easier with more play time.

One other thing that I noticed was that the nunchuk looks and feels really cheap. It is very lightweight plastic that feels like it could break if you squeezed it too hard. That was a little disappointing. Also, the doors on the top of the console (for the Gamecube controllers and the memory units) felt a little flimsy, too. This was surprising considering how solid the DS Lite feels.

I am hoping to take it for a spin some more tomorrow. I guess it is time to put some Wii games in my Gamefly Q.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.