This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
I like Slacker
Yesterday, I signed up for Slacker, the new, very ambitious music service, that launched this week. So far, it's pretty cool.

I've been listening to the Urge Overkill Radio Station much of the day. So far, the recommendations it makes are really, really good. When I launched the UO station this morning, I heard "Positive Bleeding" from UO followed by "Here Comes Your Man" by The Pixies followed by "Little Red Rooster" by The Rolling Stones followed by "Dropout" by UO. You can't ask for better than that IMHO.

You can check out the UO station here.

I am really interested to see how they extend this service. According to TechCrunch, there are plans for Slacker hardware, an iTunes-like app and a mobile device that lets you take Slacker with you. Very ambitious plans that would be super cool if they pulled it off. Considering that they started off by getting good music in the system (the most important part), I think they're off to a good start.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.