This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Talk to you in 3 weeks


[UPDATE: 1:58PM EST] Bungie and/or MSFT totally botched the launch for those trying to download the Halo 3 beta via Crackdown. I was online this morning at 8am when Bungie's countdown clock hit 0 and the download never showed up. And now, 6 hours later, there is still not ETA for a fix (although Bungie and MSFT have acknowledged the problem).

I'm glad I only rented the game. I can only imagine how pissed I'd be if I shelled out $60 to get access to the beta and then get locked out on launch day.

Interestingly, both of the free options for getting into the beta are apparently working.

[UPDATE: 11:12PM EST] All problems have been resolved. I am downloading the beta as I type this. Bungie has a report on the whole mess here. The really important part is that they've extended the beta period by a full 4 days. Sweet!

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.