This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Cornhole and Startups
Yesterday, we held our annual Oktoberfest celebration at the office. In addition to the usual food and beer, we threw in a Cornhole Tournament and the first-ever King and Queen of Corn awards. All money raised from the event goes to Adopt-a-Family.

My team, the Gloryholers (it's a Cornhole term, you perv!), made it to the Final Four before being eliminated by Cinco de Holo.

After work, I headed down to the Louisville Tech Entrepreneurs Meetup at Jenicca's Wine Bar on Market. This was the second one of these that I've attended. The turnout was at least double of the last event with 15-20 people showing up.

I got to talk with Rob May and Todd Earwood of Daily Idea and Louisville Video Pages, Aaron Marshall of DBS, Scott Drake, Ben Thomas, Joe and Amy Wheeler, Lenny Grover of local VC Chrysalis Ventures, Brian Heil and Melanie and Josh Rosenthal from a newly Google-funded healthcare startup.

I also met Matt Winn and Daily Idea host Nikki Key for the first time, but didn't get much of a chance to talk to them. Nikki had a much better offer apparently. I also spotted Landon Swan of MyTrade.com, but didn't end up making it over to talk to him.

Topics ranged from funding issues to viral marketing to Facebook to Apple's new Leopard OS to mustaches and mullets.

The event was still going when I left around 9PM. I'm hoping Todd Earwood remembers to send me that photo of him with a mustache. I think that could single-handedly bring :{) Viva Mustachio! back to life.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.