This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Sorry if I sent you 70 duplicate mails today
A glitch between Outlook 2007 and my Gmail POP account resulted in me sending a ton of duplicate mails this morning. If you were one of the unlucky recipients, I apologize profusely.

I didn't realize there was a problem until I got an e-mail from Matt Marshall at Venture Beat. He had only received 5 mails at the time he wrote me. Upon checking my Gmail account on the web, I saw that he was about to receive another 70 (Sorry again, Matt!).

Outlook 2007 was reporting that there was an outgoing mail server error and (I assume) was attempting to resend the mail at 1 minute intervals. Unfortunately, every mail was actually going out. Ugh! I powered down my laptop and the duplicate mails seemed to have stopped.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.