This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
FFL Week 1: SSC 115, The Profilactics 64
OK, the first game of the Fantasy Football season didn't go well for me. I was pounded by Erik Eckel's ScatteredSmotheredCovered squad 115-64.

My week was pretty much over on Thursday night when my starting QB, Drew Brees, put up 1 point. Things only went downhill after that. Only 3 of my starters scored in double figures: Edgerrin James, TJ Houshmandzadeh and the Bears defense. And 2 players were injured: Terry Glenn and Cadillac Williams.

The only thing worse that losing was the fact that my team scored *just* enough to beat out the lowest scoring team of the week by 2 points. That means I don't get first pick from the waiver wire on Wednesday.

It looks like it is going to be a long season. Of course, I lost my first game last year and went on to play in the FFL Super Bowl (but I had a lot more talent on last year's team).

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.