This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Blockbuster Online comes through
I recently received a "We want you back" e-mail from Blockbuster Online. About 6 months ago, I did a free trial of their service as I struggled with Netflix' throttling. I ended up canceling Netflix for a while and just letting the BB account lapse.

Now, they're offering 2 weeks of the Total Access, which allows you to return online movies to retail locations and get a new disc, for free. Considering the trouble I am having with getting HD-DVDs from Netflix, I figured it was worth a shot.

This morning, I got an e-mail saying that Mission Impossible III (HD), You, Me and Dupree (HD) and Clerks 2 had all shipped. Of course, Netflix has all three of those same DVDs in various states of Long Wait. In fact, I've been waiting on MI:3 for several weeks and You, Me and Dupree isn't arriving in HD-DVD on Netflix until December 5th.

Being a new HD-DVD drive owner, the speed and availability of HD-DVDs will be the determining factor of which service I stick with. Sure, NF has a slicker website; however, if I can get more HD-DVDs from BB, I'll make the switch.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.