This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Forge Louisville Feb. '08 event recap
I attended the Forge Louisville web group meeting at Brendan's last night. Turnout was similar to previous events; however, there were a lot of new faces.

I spent quite a bit of time taking to Michael Schnuerle who is the founder and CEO of MetroMapper.org. Metro Mapper leverages the Google Maps API to build custom maps. You can check out his maps on Louisville.com.

I also met Joshua Tharp who is getting ready to launch SRAuT.com which is "where Specialty Retail Apparel Technology meets 'u'." Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to talk to Joshua about what SRAuT does.

I was introduced to a new hire from Visual Scientists; however, his name escapes me. Sorry, my networking skills were obviously affected by all of the cold medicine I am on.

I spent the rest of the time hanging out with Rob May, Scott Drake, Ben Thomas, Joe Wheeler, Todd Earwood, Jesse Lucas from Visual Scientists and Melanie Rosenthal from Sprigley.

Forge organizer Matt Winn was there; however, I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

Topics ranged from Profilactic to Facebook to BitTorrent to HD-DVD & Blu-ray to clever domain names to the upcoming Social Media Club event. I, again, threw down the challenge of a cash prize for the first social media nerd to beat me at Guitar Hero.

The larger, quarterly Forge Louisville event will be on March 19th at Primo.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.