This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Sunday CES recap
My first full day in Vegas was fun and hectic.

The day started at 8am with a ton of press events. I went to events with LG, Netgear, Toshiba, Samsung, Monster Cable and Philips. Got a lot of great info, a free Blu-ray disc and photos of Dr. Dre.

Around 4:00p, Jason Hiner and I headed over to the Bellagio to check out Seagate and PodTech's BlogHaus. I had a really great time there. I was able to meet my friend Jeremy Toeman in person for the first time. He was introduced me to Doc Searls, Peter Semmelhack of Bug Labs and Robert Scoble.

I also met Marc Canter who founded Macromedia (and who once blogged about how much he disliked the name Profilactic) and Elaine Fiolet from ubergizmo.com.

I stuck around the BlogHaus long enough to drink a beer and watch about 3/4 of the Bill Gates keynote.

At around 7:30p, I walked from the Bellagio over to Caesar's for Digital Experience. I talked with reps from Netgear, VUDU, Logitech, and Sling Media. I was able to meet Dave Zatz from Sling who I've known online for a couple of years. He hooked me up with Matt Feinstein who gave me a demo of the SlingCatcher which was unveiled for the first time tonight. The SlingCatcher is definitely the coolest product I've seen so far.

SlingCatcher is awesome!

Jason, Bill and I called it a night at around 10:30p and grabbed a cab back to the Palms. Once I got back to the room, I finished up 3 or 4 blog posts that I had started earlier in the day.

It's now 12:15 PST and my alarm is set for 5:30. Ugh!

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.