This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Redbox is my new way to rent DVDs
I tried Redbox for the first time last night (read this post on Practical Gadgetry about my experience) and, this afternoon, I downgraded my Blockbuster account to their cheapest plan.

I can't completely get rid of Blockbuster because they are my main source of HD-DVDs. So I've opted for their 1 out at a time plan with 2 monthly in-store exchanges for $9. Depending on the flow of new HD-DVDs after the holidays, I will probably ditch BB altogether and simply buy the HD-DVDs that I know I want to keep.

I am betting that I would only rent 5-6 movies per month if I only picked up a movie when I wanted to watch one. Most of our Blockbuster rentals sit around for several days before we get around to watching and returning them. Plus, with Redbox, I get the instant gratification of being able to watch a movie that night without having to step foot in a BB store (which I try to avoid at all costs).

I'll post more on this once I've rented more movies from Redbox.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.