This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Monday, December 3, 2007
DailyIdea.tv holiday party recap
Just got back from the DailyIdea.tv holiday party in downtown Louisville. Had a great time.

There were quite a few people that I know from Forge Louisville or the Tech Enterpreneurs Meetup including organizers Todd Earwood and Rob May, Daily Idea host Nikki Key, Scott Drake, Ben and Erica Thomas, Joe and Amy Wheeler, Matt Winn, Ashley Cecil, Brian Heil, Melanie and Joshua Rosenthal and Michelle Jones.

I met several people like Jason Falls, Jay Bowman, Chad Holder and Nick Huhn whom I knew online. It was nice to meet them in person.

I also ran into an old friend, Jesse Lucas, who I hadn't seen in a while. Jesse has one of my favorite personal websites. Jesse and I gave Joe and Amy Wheeler a long, disturbing lesson on Halo 3 multiplayer behavior that they won't soon forget.

Conversations were all over the place. Talked about Profilactic, which was featured in an awesome video promo on Daily Idea today (Thanks again, Todd!), Facebook, the Drobo, the iPhone, Rock Band, favorite hard drive vendors, Memphis panhandlers and college football.

Of course, as soon as Jay Bowman and Todd Earwood put me on the spot with their video camera rolling, I blanked. Todd asked what I wanted most for Christmas. I couldn't think of anything. Todd bailed me out by saying, "When you own Profilactic.com, you already have everything you could ever want."

A smaller crowd hung out until about 9:30 and came up with lots of new domain name and business ideas. The thought of Jason Falls in leather chaps will be with me for quite a while.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.