This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Fantasy Football 2007 ends (thankfully)
My fantasy football season came to an end in humiliating fashion by losing to one of the worst teams in the the league, The Big Bombers. That loss completed a season-ending 3-game losing streak that resulted in a 4-10 record.

I've played fantasy football for 7 or 8 years now and this is my first time I've had a losing record.

As with last season, everything (IMNSHO) depends on how well you draft. Last year, I chose Larry Johnson over LaDainian Tomlinson as my first pick. I lost in the Super Bowl to the team that had... LaDainian Tomlinson.

This year's automated draft was far worse. My first pick was Laurence Maroney. Don't know why the fantasy site ranked him so high; however, he should not have been the 9th overall pick. He's been on my bench all season. My second round pick was Drew Brees who didn't start producing until late in the season (after I dropped him).

Good luck to The Magnums (12-2), The Dental Dames (10-4), Killdozer (10-4) and FMFU! (10-4) in the playoffs.

Next year, I think we will try a live draft. Not only will it be more fun, but I think it will eliminate a lot of excuses and end-of-season whining (like the post you're reading right now).

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.