This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Monday, March 10, 2008
SXSWi 2008 Monday recap
I eased into Monday's sessions after sleeping in a bit on Monday morning. I got to the Convention Center around 10:15am and spent the next hour or so hanging out at the BlogHaus with Jason Falls, Stowe Boyd, Jeremiah Owyang, Allen Stern of Center Networks, Micah Baldwin of Lijit and Scott Monty.

Jeremiah Owyang and Jason Falls in the BlogHaus
Jeremiah Owyang and Jason Falls in the BlogHaus

At 11:30a, I attended the future of consumer electronics session that was moderated by Robert Scoble and featured Jim Louderback and reps from Sling Media, Seagate and Logitech. Ryan Block and Veronica Belmont were there. I even joined in the Q&A near the end and got into the social opportunities for electronics makers to bake into their software.

After the session, I chatted with Gary Vaynerchuk from Wine Library TV, Jim Louderback of Revision3, Rob Greenlee of Microsoft and Loren Feldman before I grabbed lunch with Charlie O'Donnell, CEO of Path 101, and Melissa King from YUM! Brands.

Jim Louderback, Gary Vaynerchuk, AJ Vaynerchuk, Loren Feldman and Valerie Cunningham
Jim Louderback, Gary and A.J. Vaynerchuk, Loren Feldman and Valerie Cunningham watch the Elliot Spitzer announcement live

I went back to the BlogHaus at 3pm to compete in AMD's Guitar Hero competition. As of this writing, I am in the lead with 253K points. If I win, I get a limited edition ATI video card that is valued at $500. Not bad.

Micah and I rock Guitar Hero
Micah from Lijit and I play some Guitar Hero at the BlogHaus

Around 6pm, Jason Falls, Todd Earwood, Nikki Key, Melissa King, Nick Huhn, Scott Monty and I went to P.F. Chang's for dinner. Had a great time.

SXSWi 2008: Federated Media & Dell party

After dinner, we headed to the Federated Media/Dell Conversation Starters event at the Iron Cactus. The crowd included Mehrshad and Peter from Bug Labs, Jeremiah Owyang, Robert Scoble, Shel Israel, Peter Rojas, Marshall Kirkpatrick, Bostjan Spetic of Zemanta, Jake McKee and Caroline McCarthy. Met Kick Apps developer Haylie McCort, Lauren Bigelow of WeeWorld, Jared Goralnick of SET Consulting and Jordan Behan of Strutta.

After the party, I called it an early night and went back to my hotel to pack and get some much needed rest.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.