This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Playing in my first Guitar Hero tournament
I signed up for my first Guitar Hero III online tournament last week. Beginning tonight at 8PM, I will need to play 4 songs on Hard difficulty: The Metal, Knights of Cydonia, Cult of Personality and Same Old Song and Dance. My best cumulative score will be used to determine if I make it to the next round.

Currently, there are 541 registrants and only 25 make it to the next round.

In the second round, each contestant plays the same 4 songs on Expert difficulty. The top 4 scorers get to go to San Francisco to compete for the title of biggest dork on the planet (or something like that). You will also get a chance to play the new Guitar Hero: Aeromsith game before it is released in stores.

I'll post an update once my scores are in.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.