This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
#6 SXSWi moment: Julia Allison talks to Stan (2009)
As I headed to SXSWi 2009, one of my Nationwide colleagues asked me to snap a few photos of Julia Allison if I ran into her. Turns out he was a big fan, so I promised to do what I could.

One morning as I was heading into the Convention Center, I passed Julia outside of the Hilton, but couldn't get my camera out in time.

Fortunately, a couple of days later, I would run into her again. This time, it was in the confines of the blogger lounge.

I whipped out my Flip camera and made my pitch. Much to my surprise, she agreed to shoot a quick video for my colleague (and was an absolute pro doing it in one take with about 30 seconds to prep).



Stan was pretty surprised by the video. Thanks again to Julia for being such a good sport.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.