This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Thursday, March 16, 2006
GameSpot takes a beating
Final tally for the last game

Well, after much intranet trash-talking and executive wagering, the much-anticipated Halo 2 match between CNET B2B and GameSpot is over. In my best Johnny Drama voice, I can proudly shout "VICTORY!!!"

Without sounding like a jackass, I have to say that it wasn't really that close. Here is how the match played out:

Scrimmage (Colossus) -- We had 3 of the top 4 scorers (I lead with 14 kills)
Game 1 (Ivory Tower) -- 50 to 35 win (I had a pitiful 4 kills)
Game 2 (Lockout) -- 50 to 47 loss (I had 10 kills)
Game 3 (Battle Creek) -- 50 to 40 win (I had 11 kills)

GS suggested the scrimmage and everyone on our team (except me 'cause I never lead in kills) sandbagged just to see how they played. I think they were doing the same thing.

Overall, the matches were pretty tame from a trash-talking standpoint. Of course, I did occasionally drop the ol' TB on a couple of people, but that's OK, right?

We had a nice crowd of about 10 people cheering us on. Considering that the match started at 8:30PM our time, I was surprised to see that many people there. Of course, it could have been the pizza and beer that lured them there.

It should be interesting to see how the GS guys respond tomorrow. After the smack talk before the game, I don't expect graceful losers.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.