This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Sunday, March 12, 2006
Heavy metal memories
I was listening to Hair Nation on Sirius as I was making dinner for the kids tonight when "Tears are Falling" by KISS came on. It instantly took me back to 1985.

My friends (Mark Rickicki, Timmy O'Connor and Jason Young) and I had gone to see RATT and Bon Jovi at the Huntington Civic Center in Huntington, WV. RATT was supporting "Invasion of Your Privacy" and the lesser-known Bon Jovi was supporting "7800 Degrees Fahrenheit."

Huntington was about a hour drive from our homes in Charleston. Jason's dad drove us there and back since we were all only 14. On the way back, we started talking about the new KISS song "Tears Are Falling" and how cool it was. Well, just a few minutes later, the song came on the radio. Of course, air guitar and bad singing ensued.

Now every time I hear that song, I think of that heavy metal moment.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.