This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Friday, March 24, 2006
Got first PayPal Mobile payment
My friend Scott just sent me a PayPal Mobile payment. Below is the e-mail I received alerting me of the payment.

PayPal Mobile email

The process to accept the payment was painless. I clicked the link in the e-mail, logged into my account and clicked the "Accept payment" button.

The bummer of the whole thing was when I realized that $.33 of the $1 payment went to PayPal. For some reason, my acount is labeled "Premier," so I don't qualify for receiving money for free. Not sure how I got that account level, but I would sure love to get rid of it.

BTW, here is what PayPal charges Premier/Business accounts to receive money: 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.