This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Starting parental leave today
Well, today marks the beginning of my parental leave from work. I don't return to the office until Monday, July 2nd.

After we had Mira in 2003, I took 30 days off. I found that that is the perfect length of time for a leave. You actually want to go back to work after the first 3 weeks or so. Any longer and you start to question things like capitalism and the idea of working for a living. Not good when you have four kids and a gadget/video game addiction.

I have a long to-do list of things I would like to get done over the break; however, I am going to leave that alone this week while everyone gets used to having a new baby around.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.