This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Back on the Sirius teet... for now
Yesterday, I finally got my replacement Sirius radio back. My initial plan was just place the sucker on eBay and be done with it; however, a couple of things made me reconsider and turn on the service for at least another month.

1. They returned it without the original packing
I didn't get a new retail unit. I got, what appears to be, a refurb dumped into a box filled with packing peanuts. Not exactly eBay-friendly (much less customer-friendly). The chances of getting a decent bid are pretty low.

2. I'm driving to Chicago in a couple of weeks
I am making the 5-6 hour drive up to Chicago to attend the 37 Signals "Getting Real" Workshop. I figure that I will quickly tire of fiddling with my iPod while I drive.

Plus, I am cancelling the $40 phone service that we get through Insight, so we'll be $27 ahead, right (hey, that makes sense in my head)? Right now, they are playing "In and Out of Love" by Bon Jovi on Hair Nation, so all is well.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.