This is what Shawn Morton would look like if he had been made of LEGO sMoRTy71.com -- the personal website of Shawn Morton
UPDATE: This blog has been retired as of August 2011. See this post for more information or connect with me on Twitter.
Friday, July 7, 2006
Jucy's jacks up prices
Over the past couple of years, a group of us have been frequenting Jucy's, an out-of-the-way barbeque joint, about every Friday. They have great food in a really authentic and unpretentious atmosphere (They were actually featured in the local paper recently and praised as the best barbeque place in town).

Well, today, we noticed that the price of their food has been raised. The normal lunch that I get (chopped beef sandwich with 2 side items and a drink) is now $8.75 (up $1.28 from last week's $7.57). I love the food and all; however, $8.75 seems steep for what you get.

When questioned by one of my co-workers about the new prices, they blamed it on the price of gas. Come on! Gas has been around $3 per gallon here for months, wavering a few percentage points above and below.

And even if I were to accept that as a legitimate reason, how is $1.28 per customer a fair increase? That's 15%. Gas prices haven't shot up 15%. Next thing you know, they'll be blaming it on the North Korean missle tests.

While I love the food, I think I have made my last trip to Jucy's for a while. I'm already getting gauged by higher gas prices (WHEN I BUY GAS!). I'm not wiling to pay a 15% premium for it when I eat lunch.

About Shawn Morton

Married father of 6; VP of Social Media at JPMorgan Chase; gluten-free; gadget enthusiast; hair metal aficionado; #Movember man View more on LinkedIn.